Staying on the topic of the Holiday season, it is everyone’s favourite time of year to cook, bake or try out a new recipe! Even though we are providing you with the BEST, cookie recipe for this Holiday season, that doesn’t mean we won’t encourage you to brush your teeth after indulging in these sweets!
These giant cookies are packed with festive candies are a fan favourite! With chunks of peppermint, salty pretzels and both milk and white chocolate chips, these are guaranteed to live up to their name!
Serve the following recipe at your next Holiday function, as part of a cookie-swap or even leave them out for Santa!
The following details how to make these easy cookies in under 2 hours, from start to finish!
- 2 Cups of all Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder, 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Sticks of Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Gup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs, 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Cups Mixed Red/Green Candy-Coated Chocolates (M&Ms)
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/3 Cups Chopped Peppermint Puffs
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Position oven racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl until evenly combined. Combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs and yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and beat on low until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate candies, oats, pretzels, peppermint puffs and white chocolate chips and stir with a large spoon until evenly mixed.
- Scoop eight 1/3-cup portions of dough, roll into balls and divide between 2 baking sheets, spacing the cookies evenly apart. Press the dough balls into thick disks with the palm of your hand. Bake, rotating the baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until the cookies are golden brown at the edges and barely brown in the very middle, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 1 minute, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
If you happen to try this recipe, make sure to tag @dentistryon88 on both Instagram & Facebook! Happy Baking!
POPULAR DENTAL SERVICES
HOURS OF OPERATION
|Monday||11AM - 7PM|
|Tuesday||10AM - 6PM|
|Wednesday||11AM - 7PM|
|Thursday||10AM - 6PM|
|Friday||11AM - 5PM|
|Saturday||9AM - 3PM|
|Sunday||9AM - 3PM|
SEND US A MESSAGE